Designs of our Slave Race chapter 3

Chapter 3

Yeah, I know, I’m getting side-tracked here, just bare with me, for something by a friend of mine blew my mind one day, it was a week after that meeting with the Star Trek garbage.

I would be at home in my apartment in a Toronto skyrise. I would be on my personal computer typing out a reply to a roleplaying thread that I had started up on a forum site when I had a friend of mine that I met on that site IM me through MSN. After the normal “HI!!! How r u” stuff, the conversation went something like this (I’m Miko by the way).


Isudae says:

U doing anything important in that lab of urs?

Miko says:

All the time.  can't tell u want due 2 confidentaility agreements

Isudae says:

u do stuff with robots rite?

Miko says:

Yes.  Says so on the website.  Why, sup?

Isudae says:

I dunno.  I think ur company might do something very important, something dangerious.

No shit genius, I though. As I had to sign weavers I couldn’t tell Isudae the truth, especially since I only know him on the internet. Crappy my life was, and is I guess: that my best friend in the world I only know online. As much as I wanted to tell him about the mistake my company was making (I assume Isudae is male anyways, he claims so and I go along with it) such information could end up everywhere, and I could lose my job and get blackballed for it.

Miko says:

Course not.  y u think that?

There was a long pause then. I surfed the web a bit while Isudae typed his long and grievous answer. Ten websites and three Firefox tabs later…

Isudae says:

I get that feeling Miko.  I get the feeling that they would send out an invention that could dam-age the world as we know it.  They are getting really powerful, and their automations are robb-ing more of our humanity.  I have heard rumours of them designing a droid with an AI so intelligent that it could mean danger.  I just get that feeling.  When these droids are out, Insigna  would be the first place they hit.  I feel this, because it seems that you would be a target.  A
target to the machines.
No, wait, not a target… a messiah.  I know you better than to be a person that would be an
idle spectator or participate.  I know you to be strong and forward: we would come to you,
they would come to you.  The world would come to you.

I ponder his words once I read them in. I then shook my head and replied:

Miko says:

Thanks for making me feel better, but have you smoked anything?

Isudae says:

I don't smoke Miko-chen.  I was using my sage powers!

Miko says:

How is the sage quest going?

Isudae says:

I think I just prologued life in North America, so very well. : D

He then went on about his bullshit sage quest that he was going on to become more enlighten and all that weird stuff. I think nothing of it. In fact I wouldn’t have mentioned his “vision” except that it ends up being true. Why else do you think it would be me that tells this tale?


 Course, I would live out my pathetic life surfing the web and trolling forums until about midnight when I go to sleep. Midnight was early for me by the way.

Continue to Chapter 4

No comments:

Post a Comment